When I first started this blog, I’d just celebrated my 26th birthday.
Yesterday, I turned 31. #OldLadyClub
What would I tell myself, at the beginning?
- Control is not love. You deserve better than him, even if you don’t think you do.
- Yes, you do love your new job. Money isn’t everything–you’ll get by, I promise–and you’ll be soooooo much happier.
- DO NOT COSIGN ON THAT CAR. Trust me.
- DO NOT PAY FOR THAT WITH YOUR CREDIT CARD. Again, trust me.
- Old friends will leave your life–let them go, girl! The ones that stay are the ones that belong.
- You are beautiful at any weight.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help. There are so many people who love you.
- You’re going to travel the world. Take lots of pictures!
- Love–real love–will find you. But you have to love yourself first.
- You are so much stronger than you know. Physically and emotionally–you can handle anything that comes your way.
Many thanks to all of you who’ve been part of my life’s journey. Here’s to 31–I’ve only just begun!