Happy holidays, everyone! Thanksgiving is over so I feel no shame in decking the halls and spreading Christmas cheer all over the place. 🙂
The beautiful LancoraPerla (check out her awesome blog here) was kind enough to include me in her Christmas Tag! Check out some fun facts about my holiday traditions and share some of your own in the comments. 🙂
- Favorite Christmas Film? A Christmas Story! (The struggle was real for poor Ralphie.) I also enjoy Dr. Seuss’s How the Grinch Stole Christmas (the original cartoon version) and This Christmas.
- Ever had a white Christmas? Yes! In Kentucky (where I grew up) I saw a number of of snowy or icy Christmases. I’ve lived in Wisconsin for the past five years so I’ve also had a white Halloween, Thanksgiving, New Years Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Presidents Day, and April Fools Day. 🙂
- Where do you usually spend your holiday? Christmas just doesn’t feel like Christmas if I’m not celebrating in Kentucky with my family. I did spend one Christmas in San Francisco, California, but every other Christmas has been in the Bluegrass State.
- Favorite Christmas song? How can I pick just one??? Let It Snow by Boyz II Men is definitely up there; those harmonies are amazing. Christmas Time by Backstreet Boys is another favorite. Christmas Wrapping by Waitresses, practically any version of The Christmas Song, every single track on My Kind of Christmas by Christina Aguilera–the list goes on and on!
- Is your tree real or fake? Fake. I’ve never had a real Christmas tree; they seem like too much work. 🙂 The tree that I currently have in my house originally belonged to my mom, so I’ve had the same tree for almost my whole life!
- All-time favorite holiday food? My great-aunt Aloma always made the most delicious jam cake at Christmas time. She used homemade jam and topped it with the most delicious caramel icing. Since she passed away, I’ve really missed it.
- Best Christmas gift you’ve ever received? This is a tough one as I’ve gotten many wonderful gifts from my family and friends over the years. A gift I’m still enjoying today is a cherry bedroom set–my mother got it for me in high school and it’s still in my bedroom. My brother also got me a gorgeous cardigan that I get compliments on every time I wear it.
- What made you realize the truth about Santa? I think my cousin told me when I was in elementary school. If I have children, I probably won’t raise them to believe in Santa. I want them to believe that we give gifts to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ and to show each other that we care.
- What makes the holidays special for you? The family togetherness is what makes Christmas truly special for me. It is usually the one time of year when every one is home!
- What’s better, giving or receiving presents? Giving. I love trying to find that special gift for that special person. 🙂
Feel free to tag someone else and continue sharing fun facts about how you celebrate!
2 thoughts on “My Kind of Christmas (List)”
Pingback: The Christmas Tag | Finding delight.
Thanks for tagging me, Ashley! I loved reading your answers. 🙂 You can read mine here — http://findingdelight.com/2015/12/14/the-christmas-tag/ 🙂 ❤ Yay Christmas!!!