Apparently, I’m rude.
I mean, I didn’t even curse! No personal insults or attacks. Not even an angry emoji or two. Just a single iMessage after multiple disappointments:
“I said before I want a friendship with someone who has time and energy to hang out with me. I don’t think that is you. Best of luck in the future, but do not contact me again.”
In the words of Queen Bey “you must not know ’bout me” because, baby–I can show you rude if you really wanna see it. I purposefully waited a day before responding because my original response was hella rude.
He must have also conveniently forgotten that his rude behavior caused this reaction. I mean, he was the one who:
- Disappeared for MONTHS after our first date–no phone call, text, telegram, smoke signal, NOTHING.
- Randomly popped back into my life expecting me to forget I hadn’t heard from him in literally five months. He asked me if he could “make it up to me” which he did by…
- Continuously made sexual innuendos and constantly commented on my body, which made me extremely uncomfortable. (When I asked him to stop, he said he would “back off.” I didn’t ask you to back off, sir. I asked you to STOP.)
- Touched my hair without my permission. Like, not just a pat–his hands were IN MY HAIR. (To his credit, he stopped when I asked, but please don’t touch me without my permission. That is very, very rude.)
- Telling me he didn’t feel like making the drive to see me (after I drove to see him the last time we hung out) and making plans with me, but cancelling the day of because his “night kinda disappeared with a bunch of stuff.” <~~~WTF does that even mean?
So, sir–if being up front about not wanting inconsistent people in my life is rude, then I don’t want to be polite.