Day 11: Fresh flowers make me happy.
Things are just starting to bloom around here, but not fast enough for my liking. After what felt like a decades-long winter, I need to see some flowers blooming! That’s why I really appreciated the fresh flowers my boyfriend’s dad brought over this weekend when I hosted dinner at my house. Today I saw that a few of the buds have opened and those bursts of color made me so happy! Photo below for your viewing pleasure:
Bright and blooming flowers!
Bonus: My Granny Loma loved fresh flowers, and every time I have some in my home I think of her. She made me–and everyone who knew her–very happy. Check out my tribute to her here
Beyoncé is my queen. Her music, style, and general badass-ness gives me life…and I know I ain’t the only one. Recently I’ve been listening to some of her older albums–B’Day, I Am… Sasha Fierce, and 4 still go hard, y’all–and got inspired to do this cat-eye look. I’ve never tried a cat-eye this dramatic but I’m definitely feeling the result; it probably won’t become an everyday thing but I’ll definitely bust it out for special occasions.
Product and application details are after the jump:
My finished Face of the Day!
- Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream in Dark (applied with fingers)
- Smashbox Contour Palette–highlight and contour shades only (applied with the flat brush and contour brush from my Sephora contour brush kit)
- Mary Kay Powder Blush in Berry Brown (applied with the stippling brush from the aforementioned contour brush kit)
- Cover FX Blotting Powder in Deep (applied with powder brush all over the face)
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Ebony (applied with brow brush and spoolied out)
- Two Faced Shadow Insurance Eye Shadow Primer (applied with a cotton swab over the entire lid)
- Mary Kay Cream Eye Color in Violet Storm (lid, applied with fingers) and Metallic Taupe (crease, applied with fingers)
- Urban Decay Eye Shadow in Half Baked (brow bone, applied with tapered blending brush)
- Benefit Roller Lash Mascara in Black and Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara in Jet Black (two coats each on upper and lower lashes)
- Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner in Black (upper–used a lot of cotton swabs and eye makeup remover to get the wings together)
- MAC Smolder Eye Kohl in Black (lower–on water line)
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Lip Pencil in Ozone
- Fresh Sugar Tinted Lip Treatment in Rosé
- Victoria’s Secret Beauty Rush Lip Gloss in Midnightini
All smiles–I feel so pretty!