Droppin’ some knowledge in my first video post! I promise I’ll do better with the lighting next time. Maybe I’ll even clean up the studio (a.k.a. my craft room) next time too! 🙂
Beyoncé is my queen. Her music, style, and general badass-ness gives me life…and I know I ain’t the only one. Recently I’ve been listening to some of her older albums–B’Day, I Am… Sasha Fierce, and 4 still go hard, y’all–and got inspired to do this cat-eye look. I’ve never tried a cat-eye this dramatic but I’m definitely feeling the result; it probably won’t become an everyday thing but I’ll definitely bust it out for special occasions.
Product and application details are after the jump:
- Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream in Dark (applied with fingers)
- Smashbox Contour Palette–highlight and contour shades only (applied with the flat brush and contour brush from my Sephora contour brush kit)
- Mary Kay Powder Blush in Berry Brown (applied with the stippling brush from the aforementioned contour brush kit)
- Cover FX Blotting Powder in Deep (applied with powder brush all over the face)
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Ebony (applied with brow brush and spoolied out)
- Two Faced Shadow Insurance Eye Shadow Primer (applied with a cotton swab over the entire lid)
- Mary Kay Cream Eye Color in Violet Storm (lid, applied with fingers) and Metallic Taupe (crease, applied with fingers)
- Urban Decay Eye Shadow in Half Baked (brow bone, applied with tapered blending brush)
- Benefit Roller Lash Mascara in Black and Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara in Jet Black (two coats each on upper and lower lashes)
- Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner in Black (upper–used a lot of cotton swabs and eye makeup remover to get the wings together)
- MAC Smolder Eye Kohl in Black (lower–on water line)
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Lip Pencil in Ozone
- Fresh Sugar Tinted Lip Treatment in Rosé
- Victoria’s Secret Beauty Rush Lip Gloss in Midnightini
Now introducing my newest series: Face of the Day! I’m starting to get more into makeup and thought I’d share my experiences with different products and applications. There aren’t enough resources out there for women of color in regards to which colors and brands work best for us, so hopefully these posts will help a sister out!
I’m heading to Chipotle to get a burrito and didn’t feel like doing my full makeup routine, so I decided to a minimal look that still looked pulled together. Below are the products and application, as well as a photo of my finished face!
Brows: Anastasia Beverly Hills Browdip Pomade in Ebony. Applied with a brow brush and lightly brushed with a spoolie brush for a more natural look.
Face: Cover FX Blotting Power in Deep. Applied with a powder brush all over the face, including over the brows to set the color.
Lashes: Benefit Roller Lash in Black and Smashbox Full Exposure in Jet Black. One coat of each (Benefit first) on top and bottom lashes. I love the Benefit brush because it has a smaller side for applying to your tiny bottom lashes!
Lips: MAC Pro Longwear Lip Pencil in Kiss Me Quick and MAC Lipstick in Viva Glam I. Red lips instantly give you a more put-together look.
That’s it! Just a few products and a few minutes to apply them that still give you a put-together look. Let me know what you think and tell me about your products for a minimal but marvelous look!