So. 2017 was an…interesting year. So much craziness went on in the world (including, but not limited to, somebody’s President acting a fool constantly) but plenty of good things happened too!
Here’s is my list of personal highlights from 2017 (in no particular order):
- Getting back into acting…kinda: I completed recording for my first lead role in an audio drama! I’m used to acting for stage and screen, so doing just vocal work was new to me, but it was a fantastic experience. And y’all–this story is SO GOOD. I can’t wait for you to hear it. Please check out Who Killed Julie?, debuting later this year!
- #relationshipgoals: My boyfriend and I celebrated one year together! Wonderful can’t even describe this man. He has been so supportive and understanding (given my rocky last relationship) and I can’t imagine my life with out him.
- International travels: It was a bit late in the year, but I went to Ontario, Canada for a work trip in December. I had never been to Canada before and was excited to get another stamp on my passport. I’d love to go back for fun instead of work (preferably in the summer months).
- Mommy/daughter Costa Rican extravaganza: I guess technically this falls under international travels too, but it was so awesome I had to give it a special shout out. My mother and I took a trip to Costa Rica in October that was so wonderful. Look for more details on our adventures in a FOUR PART series next month!
- Three decades of life: This year, I turned 30! Honestly, I feel like I acted like a 30-year-old long before my actual birthday, so it is nice to have my age match my maturity level. 🙂 I’ve come a long way from that girl who first boarded a plane at the age of 16, who thought she’d live and die in the great commonwealth of Kentucky. I’ve learned a lot along the way and I can’t see what the good Lord has in store for me for the next 30 years.
- My squirrel friend’s wedding, my other squirrel friend’s baby, and just general squirrel friend shenanigans: This year I was blessed to see my good friends make awesome moves in life. One had a daughter, who is now a DRDIT (Drag Race Diva In Training). One got married in a beautiful ceremony in upstate New York (which I was fortunate enough to be able to attend). One finally freed herself from an abusive relationship. And so many called, texted, Skyped, or just hung out with me.
- Girls Trip: If you haven’t seen it, you must. I’m not sure if I’ve ever laughed that hard in a movie theater.
- Stella: My brand new car! You know, after seven years, I finally feel safe driving in these Wisconsin winters. It’s amazing.
- Workin’ on my fitness: 2017 marked one full year since I started working with my personal trainer. I’ve lost 20 lbs so far (and improved my eating too)!
- Fully realizing the awesomeness of Amazon Prime: “Why yes, I did order a dish drainer online. Couldn’t I have just gone to the store and bought one? Absolutely! But…why?”
Tell me–what’s on your “Best of 2017” list? What are you hoping to accomplish in 2018?